Sunday, July 15, 2012

thirty six weeks!


i have been beyond thankful everything has gone so smoothly this entire pregnancy. with corbin i had an incompetent cervix that had me on bed rest for weeks and preeclampsia that caused me to be induced. i couldn't even imagine having to deal with either of those things while also caring for a toddler. this morning though i woke up and felt baby hiccups at the top of my belly which has left me to believe the baby flipped to head up in the night! all day my stomach has felt so uncomfortable and tight and different body parts are poking out of where they usually do. i have googled the heck out of different ways to get this baby to go back to being head down but i want to check with my midwife before i go getting all crazy about doing them. and i'm trying to reassure myself that my body and the baby will know what to do and it'll work itself out.

other than that, there isn't much to report. i feel uncomfortable and take it pretty easy but i would think that anyone at this stage is feeling the same way. i got away with just a few stretch marks on my sides with corbin but just noticed some fresh, shiny new ones on the bottom of my stomach. womp, womp. 

we have been shopping for little things here and there that we need before baby comes and set up the crib next to our bed! the car seat is washed and ready to go too! it feels so relieving getting all these things checked off our to-do list. pretty soon all we'll need is a baby!

2 comments:

  1. I've read that doing yoga cat and cow exercises can help encourage the baby to flip back down - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this picture! i hope all goes ok with the flipping....it will work itself out. :) I'm getting so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails