Sunday, March 11, 2012

oh yeah, i'm pregnant.

 
 
how sad that these are basically the only four pictures i have and i'm nearly twenty weeks pregnant!? and this is even the first post on my blog about it since announcing my pregnancy. but let me tell you why. i've been tired. like can't even keep my eyes open once my head hits the pillow putting corbin to bed tired! my midwife told me my iron levels are low and i can imagine that paired with the fact that i barely stopped nursing corbin before i got pregnant has my body all out of whack still. so i've been trying to eat as much iron rich food as i can possibly find that isn't chicken liver or fish (barf) in hopes of gaining some more energy!  

so where do i even start!? i felt baby move for the first time on march seventh! i always remember the feeling of corbin rolling around when my stomach was huge but i had forgotten what these first tiny little punches feel like. it's the best feeling! and i love being able to have ryan and corbin feel them too. and speaking of corbin, the world's soon to be best big brother ever, he is being just that. rubbing my stomach, helping put lotion on it,  talking about sharing and helping with his baby. it makes me so happy to hear now i'm not sure i'll be able to stand actually watching them together once the baby is here!! 

our ultrasound is right around the corner and even though we are not finding out the sex i'm so excited to see this little nugget rolling around in there. i'm really happy with the birth center we have chosen too. it's taken me a while to get used to their laid back, this is COMPLETELY natural thing and we don't need to send you home with gobs of paperwork about what to do and not do while pregnant approach. of course they are there for anything i need or any questions i have but the experience is definitely different then corbin's hospital midwife prenatal care.

aaaaaaand that's all my pregnancy/mom brain can think of right now.

11 comments:

  1. Hope your energy returns soon!! I'd be worn out if I was running around doing all the fun activities you and Corbin do, too!! :) Let's get together from gymnastics or a kid movie soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your energy back soon! That has to be so hard when having a toddler running around... they have so much darn energy it's got to be so hard to keep up when you are so tired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great! and i know how you feel about the no energy thing! im 8 weeks along and this pregnancy is DRAINING me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if they told you this or not but my midwife told me not to take iron and calcium together. Also to not have any dairy around the time you take your iron. (apparently they block eachother out) As soon as I stopped doing that I started to feel better. ( I was anemic the whole pregnancy....ughh) Again...CONGRATS!!! How exciting : )

    www.breezysimply.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corbin as an older brother... This all sounds lovely!!

    I hope you feel better soon! You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so much harder to be pregnant and have a toddler! I am just a few weeks ahead of you and finally I feel great. This sounds crazy - but a lot of baby/toddler food has a bunch of extra iron in it. My doctor told me to that when I was anemic - and the thought of meat made me sick. You look really cute - even if you don't feel the greatest. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha I totally know what you're going through. Up until about 20 weeks, I only had about 4 photos of my "belly", too. If that. It was only after about 24ish weeks that I really decided it was time to start paying more attention to my growing belly & baby. But dude, it's crazy how tired you are when you're preggo with a toddler. And I'm also anemic so that didn't help me either. BTW, love your belly.. a perfect little bumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeek! Exciting! I was just wondering how you were doing the other day! And I agree - you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so good! I was super tired when I first got pregnant with Henry too and it drove me nuts! I felt like I never had any energy and was overwhelmed with the crazy amount of house things that were not finished by the night. I can't even imagine doing it again with an energetic toddler! SO CUTE that Corbin is being such a little helper, he's such a sweetie. You can just tell by his personality that he's going to be so good, patient, and loving with his new sister/brother. I'll be asking you a ton of questions about your birthing center experience if we have another, sounds so great! Miss you guys! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. It’s great that another bundle of joy will soon be joining your family. Experiencing again the excitement of having a baby is priceless, and Corbin is as excited as you are. You may ask your doctor if can do some exercises or a little stretching to improve your stamina a little more. The feeling of having your baby moving around your womb is an event that only mothers have the privilege of experiencing. Cheers!

    Kiara Somers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails