Wednesday, June 02, 2010

visiting poppy!

last weekend we went and visited ryans grandpa, poppy at his gravesite. i remember how special it was for ryan to take me there for the first time way back when we were dating so it was fun to take corbin for his first of many times to come! and its so romantic and sweet to me that there is a spot waiting next to his for his lovely wife [corbins great grandma nana] where they can lay side by side for eternity. the cemetary was decorated for memorial day and the whole place looked so beautiful.
{ryan and corbin on poppy's special bench!}
{hey, thats corbins middle name!}
his hands are full of dirt here. and seconds later he ate it.
he didnt even make any funny faces but has his mommy laughing and daddy fishing the dirt out of his mouth!
the cemetary is gorgeous. somegive me the heebie-jeebies, but this one is sooo pretty.
visiting ryans grandpa really made me miss my grandma who i lost when i was about twelve. i hope to be able to take corbin to her grave someday soon. she is buried in yakima though and we dont get over there very often. okay, we NEVER get over there. i have been there once in the last eight years! sounds like its time for a road trip...

3 comments:

  1. That is very sweet. Is that the Enumclaw Cemetery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it is! do you have a loved one there too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do, my oldest sister and my Mom are both buried there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails